Mini Nilla Wafer Cheesecakes
- 2 8-ounce packages of low-fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature!!!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Dash of lemon zest
- Mini Nilla Wafers (make sure these are the regular kind, not the reduced fat kind otherwise the wafers will actually float up to the top!)
- 1 Can cherry pie filling
- Make sure your cream cheese is softened to room temperature. If it’s not, the batch will come out clumpy! You may even pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds if you’re impatient like me 🙂
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth. (Use an electric mixer – I’ve messed these up before trying to do it by hand. The cream cheese is tough to get completely smooth if you’re just using elbow grease.)
- Line up mini baking cups and place a mini Nilla Wafer face-up inside each one.
- Scoop mixture onto wafer, filling cup 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate. Once chilled, scoop cherry pie filling atop each mini cheesecake. Chill again.
I know what you are thinking, another cheesecake but these cheesecakes were a little different from the others I made. I made these because I never tried to make a mini version or without graham cracker crusts. We made these for a family occasion and we made at least a hundred. Even though they are little they are a bit time-consuming. When I was buying ingredients I did exactly like the recipe said, I bought low-fat cream cheese and mini nilla wafers and made sure they were the regular kind. Although I am thinking that using the low-fat cream cheese was a wrong choice. I mixed all of the ingredients together like the preparation part said too, but I think the low-fat cream cheese made it super runny. After I made the mixture I place the mini cupcake papers in the pan and placed one mini nilla wafer in each spot. I poured the runny mixture into the mini cupcake pan. I did everything like the recipe said, but my nilla wafer’s still rose to the top on a couple of the ones I did. I am not sure where I went wrong but none the less they turned out amazing and the family ate every single one of them. The recipe says to put cherries on top but we also used caramel. The caramel was so much better. These are a definite thing to make again but I will need to play with the recipe a bit.